Toast23 Productions

Expandmenu Shrunk

  • Bedford WFM Artist Position



    Here’s a few more color pieces I’ve done. I am a fine art painter but I’ve been working on learning 3D modeling in Autodesk Maya so alot of the new stuff is 3D. I’ll stick a turntable on here just so you can check it out.

    Thanx for lookin!!! Please call if you have any question,

    D Sebastian



    embedded by Embedded Video

    YouTube Direkt

  • The Ark Project

    I think this is the one!!!

    A little different.

    Here’s a color copy

    sorry about that here we go:

    Is this any closer?

    Here’s a new ark sketch. I’m workin on animals now. Did you want the whole building?

    Hey guys here’s my first color sketch of the idea.

    What do you think.

  • 2011Practicum project at CDIA part 07:Studio D

    I had a great time working on the practicum project at CDIA. I’ve told you all about the texture work I did on the production. But, did I tell you I did a bit of modeling too?

    Here is the 3D model of Studio D at CDIA in Waltham,MA built in Autodesk Maya and textured in Adobe Photoshop CS5. I should mention this is a clip from the movie edited and produced by Matt Thompson and some renders.


    embedded by Embedded Video

    YouTube Direkt


  • 2011Practicum project at CDIA part 06: Mackie SR24-4 studio mixer

     My next model was just as complicated as the last but a little older. The Mackie 24-4 studio mixer was released in 1997 so I was really concerned the net wasn’t going to have any images for me to work with.


    I cut up the UVs and started my research again.

    Lucky for me Mackie is as together as Tascam when it comes to tons of info about their boards. The SR24-4’s owner’s manual actually has the entire board with all the labels on the cover. I wasn’t able to find a lot of high rez images so I took the cover and scaled to to fit my UVs then meticulously selected every letter and number to overlay with the colors in Photoshop to create the skin. Slow goin!!!!


    Again I broke the model into 2 pieces to be a little easier to work with,that was the top and here’s the back.

    Finally linked up in Maya and lit for the render run.

  • 2011Practicum project at CDIA part 05:Tascam DM-24 studio mixer

    This one was really intimidating. There is really a lot going on on this thing. There must be a couple hundren knows alone. Let alone the switches, faders a meter unit and a view screen. I was a little afraid.


    I got the Uvs layed out and it started to feel a little smaller, a little simpler. Once I created colors for all the knobs and such the only things left were larger areas. Don’t get me wrong these larger areas had super detail I hoped my research would work out.


    Luckily Tascam has extensive documentation and a ton of photos. I was able to create this in Photoshop almost exclusively from the owner’s manual.


    I wound up having to create a new piece of the model for the glass of the viewer and texture that separately. I also made custom button maps like for play,fast forward ..etc. In the end you can read the logo and the fader settings.



  • 2011Practicum project at CDIA part 05: Digidesign’s mini editing console

    The next model was Digidesign’s mini editing console. This is a cool user friendly device that had great curves and character.

    I even figured out my issues with Headus-UV and got back in there and cut up the model for export to photoshop and the skin creation.

    I was able to find the best high rez images of all the models so far.

    Back to Maya link em up and and off to the renderer, Maya hardware this time, by now I’ve created a camera stage in Maya with lights and camera set for the purpose of documenting the models in the project. I was thinking of an animated turntable but the electronics are too detailed to give em justice.


  • 2011Practicum project at CDIA part 04: Hammond electric organ

    The next object I got to texture was the awesome Hammond XK3 electric organ.

    This was a great model produced by Derek Cuneo for our 2011 Practicum project at CDIA.

    I feel like I was starting to really get going on texture mapping. The models were so clear and the research was really turning out great.

    This model I decided to texture in a different way. I used planner mapping. Planner mapping is applying textures that are totally flat. I was having a problem with headus-UV. I couldn’t remember how to do something so I did it differently. Maya give you tons of different ways to do stuff. So anyway no UV’s for this one just textures.

    Wrap the model up by first creating a plane in Maya by selecting similar surfaces on the model and applying a texture directly. This works by scaling and adjusting each skin to fit but if your object is very geometric this is a quik method.


       Finally link it up and run it through Mental ray this time for a little different rendering and there you go.